Eid Prayer and Recommended acts on the day of Eid `Id 2020
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمَنِ الرَّحِيم
Praise be to God the Creator of the world, the One Who exists without beginning, without end, without location, without a "how" and Who does not depend on time. Nothing resembles Him in anyway and He hears and sees everything without organs. Whatever you imagine, God is different from that. May the elevation in degree and preservation of his community of what he fears for it, be granted to our master MuHammad Al-'Amin, the Honest One, who called for following Islam, the religion of truth, the religion of all the Prophets: of the first, Adam, to the last MuHammad.
The beginning of the month of dhu l-Hijjah 1441
Aid al 'ADHÂ 10 dhu l-Hijjah 1441
`Arafah 9 dhu l-Hijjah 1441
Eid prayer can be performed in congregation, or individually any time between sunrise and noon. The best time of the Eid prayer is after the sun has reached the height of a spear (approximately 20 minutes from sunrise).
However if one missed it one should make it up.The Eid prayer is not preceded by the adhan (the call to announce the prayer time) or iqamah (the call to start prayer).
The one who performs the Eid prayer must satisfy the conditions and avoid the invalidators of prayer.The Eid prayer consists of two Rak`ahs.
It is initiated with the opening takbir, with the intention to perform `Id Prayer with the Imam, followed by the opening supplication, and seven takbirs. In between each takbir of the seven takbirs one recites the following du`a':
« سبحان الله، والحمد لله، ولا إله إلا الله، والله أكبر »
( SubHâna lLâh, wa l-Hamdu li lLâh, wa lâ ilâha illa lLâh, wa lLâhu akbar )
Then one recites al-Isti`adhah seeking refuge with Allâh from the shaytan by saying
« أَعُوذُ بِاللهِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيمِ »
(‘a`ûdhu bi l-Lâhi mina ch-chayTâni r-rajîm)
Surat Al-FâtiHah and Surat Qaf or Surat Al-'A`la alternatively. In the second rak`ah one says five takbirs before reciting the FâtiHah followed by Surat Al-Qamar or Surat Al-Ghâshiyah.
If one started with the FâtiHah leaving out any or the entire takbirs, ones prayer is still valid, however one would miss out on the reward of the takbirs. Hence one should continue with one's prayer order.
After the prayer, it is recommended that the Imam delivers two speeches (same as the Friday speech) starting with nine takbirs in the first half of the khutbah and seven in the second.
The Imam should teach the people the rules of breaking the fast, visiting one's relatives, and other significant matters pertaining to Eid.
Recommended acts on the day of Eid
- It is sunnah on the day of `Id to have a bath before going to the prayer.
- To wear perfume.
- To clip one's fingernails.
- To wear the best of one's clothes.
- To take different routes to and from the `Id prayer.
- To go early to the mosque excluding the Imam.
- It is sunnah to have a light snack such as dates or the like before going to the prayer.
- Walking to the prayer place.
- Saying takbirs of Eid is highly recommended after the sunset of the last day of RamaDân and remains until the Imam says the opening takbir of the `Id prayer. This includes saying takbir in one's home, the market places, mosques, and the streets.
- Congratulating one another on the day of Eid is rewardable, as both Ibn Hajar and Al-Bayhaqiyy stated.
- It is sunnah to spend the night preceding the day of `Id in acts of worship such as praying or the like.Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) used to pray `Id prayer consistently as it is sunnah mu'akkadah.
The first Eid prayer that the Prophet performed was in the second year after the Hijrah (migration).
Takbirs of Eid And Meaning of the Eid Takbirs
Takbirs of Eid
الله أكبر ، الله أكبر ،الله أكبر ، لا إله إلا الله ، الله أكبر ، الله أكبر ولله الحمد ، الله أكبر كبيرا ، والحمد لله كثيراً ، وسبحان الله وبحمده بكرة وأصيلا ، لا إله إلا الله وحده ، صدق وعده ، ونصر عبده ، وأعزّ جنده ، وهزم الأحزاب وحده ، لا إله إلا الله ، ولا نعبد إلا إياه ، مُخلصين له الدين ولو كره الكافرون ، اللهم صل على سيدنا محمد ، وعلى ءال محمد ، وعلى أصحاب محمد ، وعلى أنصار محمد ، وعلى أزواج محمد ، وعلى ذرية محمد وسلم تسليما كثيراً . ربّ اغفر لي ولوالديّ ربّ ارحمهما كما ربياني صغيراً .
1. Allâhu ‘akbar, Allâhu ‘akbar, Allâhu ‘akbar,
2. Lâ ‘ilâha ‘il-la l-Lâh. Allâhu akbar
3. Allâhu akbar wa li lLâhi-Hamd. (3 Times)
4. Allâhu ‘akbaru kabîrâ
5. Wa l-Hamdu li lLâhi kathîrâ,
6. Wa subHâna lLâhi Wa biHamdihi bukratan wa aSîlâ.
7. Lâ ‘ilâha’ ‘il-la l-Lâhu waHdah,
8. Sadaqa wa`dah, wa naSara `abdah,
9. Wa 'a`azza jundah, wa hazama l-‘aHzâba waHdah
10. Lâ ‘ilâha ‘il-la l-Lâh,
11. Wa lâ na`budu ‘il-lâ ‘iyyâh.
12. MukhliSîna lahu d-dîna
13. Wa law kariha l-kâfirûn
14. Allâhumma Salli `alâ sayyidinâ MuHammad,
15. Wa `alâ ‘ali (sayyidinâ) MuHammad,
16. Wa `ala ‘aS-Hâbi (sayyidinâ) MuHammad,
17. Wa `alâ ‘anSâri (sayyidinâ) MuHammad,
18. Wa `alâ’azwâji (sayyidinâ) MuHammad,
19. Wa `alâ ‘anSâri (sayyidinâ) MuHammad, wa `alâ’azwâji MuHammad, wa `alâ dhourriyyati MuHammadin wa sallim taslîman kathîra.
20. Rabbi ghfir lî wa liwâlidayya rabbi rHamhoumâ kamâ rabbayânî Saghîrâ.
Meaning of the Eid Takbirs
1. Allâh is Great (God is powerful)
2. No one is God except Allâh.
3. Allâh is Great and Praise is due to Allâh.
4. Allâh is Great (God is powerful).
5. Many praise is due to Allâh.
6. Praise to Allâh at the beginning of the day and at the end of the day.
7. No one is God except Allâh
8. He fulfilled His promise and gave Victory to His slave.
9. He strengthened His soldiers and He alone defeated the AHzab.
10. No one is God except Allâh.
11. We do not worship anyone but Him.
12. Our worship is dedicated only to Him.
13. Even if the non-believers hate it.
14. We ask Allâh to raise the status of (our master) MuHammad,
15. And the Al (Muslim wives and relatives) of our (master) MuHammad,
16. And the saHabah (Companions) of (our master) MuHammad.
17. And the Ansar (The people of Madinah who supported the Prophet) of (our master) MuHammad,
18. And the wives of (our master) MuHammad,
19. And the descendents of (our master) MuHammad, and save the (Muslim) Nation of (our master) MuHammad.
20. Oh Allâh forgive me and my parents, and have mercy on them for the great efforts they exerted in raising me.
الحمد لله رب العالمين